Well, today was the big Day for little Sam to be circumcised. We wish all our close family and friends could have been with us. But check out the video instead when you can.
As with everything concerned with Baby thus far, Jess and I have become research fanatics and this whole issue was something I tried to consider objectively as well. So many are saying it's unneccesary, or if you do decide to have it done there are arguments of all kinds as to how it should be done. I decided, of all things, to go with a jewish mohel (pronounced "moil"). A mohel is someone in the jewish tradition that is trained specifically to administer circumcisions. The benefits are that they will come to your home and do it, they are specialists (in my opinion), their method is very very quick, and they have an attitude that it is a celebration as opposed to mindless, painful, long and drawn out surgery. Anyway, Phil Sherman is a local NYC mohel and he did a simply fantastic job. I was very impressed and thankful. It was lighting quick (1 min. start to finish). Sam cried only a little. And we were able to celebrate the boy with scripture readings and prayers before, and we had a little brunch afterwards. Check out the video if you're curious. And don't worry, there is no footage of the actual procudere. Just the before and after.
More pics from yesterday. Little Sam is recovering...
1 comment:
Beautiful! Simply beautiful!
Post a Comment