Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lots of changes, lots to tell

There are so many new things going on with us in 2008 and we want to share it!  So welcome to our brand, spankin'-new blog.  There's a long list of new things in the biddylife, but just to name a few of the big ones:  we recently moved to NYC...again, we're starting a new church in NYC, and oh yeah, Jessica is pregnant with our first baby. So we decided it was time to start a blog for a few reasons.  Here's what you can expect to find here:
1.  We want to keep our friends and family connected with us through posts, pictures, and videos as we go through these changes and especially as we grow from a couple into a family.
2.  We want to use the blog as an outlet to express our thoughts and emotions through it all as a means of stabilizing our sanity. 
3.  Lastly, it's a great way to keep a record of what will happen over time. 
Anyway, you'll figure it out soon enough whether or not you're a blogger or blog-reader already.  If you received an invitation for this blog, we hope you enjoy!  Please leave comments whenever you feel the inspiration.  It would be soooo nice if we weren't the only online voices here, so please jump in!  
-Andy
 

2 comments:

R.C. said...

Go get 'em, guys! Man, we love you, and will keep you at the top of our prayer list!

God is cool. Just this week, two days ago, as a matter of fact, I finally understood what it means to be called to a people - or a city - or a region.

All the churches I've been in, I've never felt "called" to the area. So, my ministry was very inward focused.

I love that you are called to love and minister to the people of NYC. You're not called to First So and So Church, you're called to NYC. That is awesome.

We've got a group of friends that God has given us here in Altus that we know we're going to be "sent out" with. (not good english, i know) Pray for us as we pray for a passion to do God's will and to develop a heart for the people God calls us to.

God's Spirit is moving around the world in a mighty way. I don't want to miss any of it.

Blessings,
R.C.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I realize this was a LONG time ago. I'm just catching up. I would love to hear about your mission to NYC and about what you have started there that you refer to in this post. I have loved reading about loving on your neighbors. Thanks for the updates! Love-Kristi Dye