Friday, August 22, 2008

Guests, Nertz, and Videos


So far we have had four people stay with us overnight in the living room/media room/music room/guest bedroom.  The last two were our dear friends, Jami and Janet and we really enjoyed our time with them.  Thanks for coming and blessing us, you two!  It was basically a three-day spree of watching the Olympics and eating chocolate desserts as we celebrated Janet's birthday!!!

As many of you know, Jess and I enjoy playing cards and one of our favorites is a game called Nertz.  If you haven't played it, it's like Solitaire + Speed ("Speed" the card game, not the illegal drug substance, of course).  Jami and Janet taught us how to play the game several years ago and they used to kick our butts in it all the time.  But as the students became masters, they soon surpassed their teachers...many, many, many times.  That was not the case during this past visit, unfortunately.  Jess and I lost not one, but two games to the teachers.  We are a bit out of practice, so if any of you reading this are Nertz players in NYC, we need some help.

As Jami and Janet were leaving I turned the video camera on them and they said a few things about their time here.  One of them is clearly more awake than the other.  Enjoy!
Andy

1 comment:

R.C. said...

NERTZ!!! I could not, for the life of me, remember the name of that card game. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the name is not all I've forgotten. We even went out and bought extra decks of cards to play that game and never have. Sorry you lost so badly. You can teach us again and feel better about yourselves, if you'd like.

BTW,
Never said congrats on the news and event of the "with childness". I would say it's about time, but I won't. Oops! I guess I just did.

Love you guys,
R.C.