I just feel the urge to pause and reflect on my day. It's not the best day I've had necessarily, but it has been a good day. In fact the more I reflect, I realize how full our lives are with goodness.
A friend of mine said something tonight that caused me to pay attention to how I pray. He said that if God was willing to sacrifice his son for our benefit, how much more willing he is to give us every good and perfect gift. I tend to be more fearful and wimpy in my requests to God than approach him as if he were someone who deeply loved me as if he constantly entertains what he can do or what he can give me to deepen my enjoyment of him. I would pray to that God again and again!
Another friend prayed over my son tonight that he would know God. In fact he simply thanked God that Sam would know him and we imagined together what that would be like. My wife met a stranger tonight and shared with her how much God sees her as a joyful little girl. She's a grown woman, but somehow God sees her true self as a playful little girl and he let my wife see that too.
It's now the end of my day. I accidentally found an amazing cake shop in Chelsea on our way home and bought a couple cookies there. Turns out the place was just featured on an episode of a new show "Fabulous Cakes" that Jessica recently saw. We chatted with one of the owners and an employee inside before walking out with two huge cookies: classic chocolate chip, and a spicy triple chocolate chip. Uh-maze-ing! I'm waiting for two very dear friends of mine to skype while I type and eat these fantastic sugar-infused creations. It's been a good day. And even better, not an out-of-the-ordinary day.
Just thought I'd share.
-Andy

1 comment:
I love you Biddy. How very blessed I am because I get to do life with you. - me
Post a Comment